Welcome to the place where Balloon Fiesta Navigators can find all the information pertinent to volunteering at Balloon Fiesta.
Need to update your contact information, shirt or jacket size, or other registration data? Click here for your Navigator Profile
Forgot your password? Click here for a Password Reset
For a tutorial about how to use your profile, click here: Profile Tutorial
If your team uses self-scheduling, you can view the self-scheduling tutorial here: Self-Scheduling Tutorial
Problems or questions? Contact Kim Judge Navigator Coordinator at (505) 821-1000 or
Please review the most current Navigator Handbook here: Navigator Handbook 07/2018
To view the list of the 2017 Team Leaders and Staff Contacts, click here: Navigator Areas and Team Leaders 2018
2018 Navigator Applications - https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=267018721
View full issues or individual articles from the most recent or archived versions of the Navigator News.
Join our new Facebook group: AIBF Navigators
This is a private group for current AIBF Navigators only. It's a great place to meet and engage with fellow volunteers, get event updates, and have fun year-round!
Below are the Basic Training videos and quizzes. Click on the name of the training and you will be taken directly to the video and quiz.
1. History of Ballooning - New Video.........Learn the basics of hot air balloon flight and the history of ballooning. (11 minutes)
2. History of Balloon Fiesta- New Video...….Learn the history of Balloon Fiesta. (10 minutes)
3. Guest Service - New Video...…. Learn the most important principles to providing top-notch guest (customer) service. (33 minutes)
4. Safety and Security- 2016 Video.....Learn how the Public Safety team ensures that Balloon Fiesta is one of the safest events in the country, and how you can help support their efforts. This training must be renewed every other year. (26 minutes)
5. 2018 Balloon Fiesta Event Information** - Get the latest details, specifics and changes for this year’s event, such as prices, locations, etc. Expected Late August 2018.
** This video is updated yearly and is required viewing each year.
Merit Classes are optional, "extra-credit" classes offered to our Navigators for a variety of reasons. We want to invest in you - to offer you additional skills to help you be a better Navigator, and to give you training and education you can use in other areas of your life. These classes are free to Navigators who work a minimum of 5 shifts or 25 hours per year.
Video Merit Classes
In-person Merit Classes. See the calendar for dates, or click the links below for dates, details and registration.
Other Merit Opportunities
Submit all evidence to . In the subject field please put Advanced Crew Evidence.