Balloon Federation of America
National Aeronautic Association
1815 N. Fort Myer Dr. Suite 500
Arlington, VA 22209
(703) 527-0229 FAX
Fédération Aéronautique Internationale Commission Internationale D’Aerostation
Avenue Mon Repos 24 FAI Ballooning Commission
CH-1005 Lausanne SWITZERLAND
Airsports throughout the world are regulated by the Federation Aéronautique
Internationale (FAI), which is headquartered in Switzerland.
- The FAI has a number of Airsport Commissions that govern each airsport.
- Ballooning is governed by the International Ballooning Commission (CIA)
- Each Country that holds a membership in the FAI may send its competitors to represent them in international competition.
- FAI is also the body for homologating international aviation records.
- The United States is a member of the FAI and is represented by our national aero club, the National Aeronautic Association (NAA), headquartered in Washington, D.C.
- Each airsport, such as ballooning, gliding, parachuting, etc., is a division or affiliate, of the NAA
The Albuquerque Balloon Museum is the place to be for VIP events and family fun during this year’s Balloon Fiesta event!
And…bring your family and friends to the Lighter Than Air Fair. FREE every day of Fiesta from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Balloon Museum admission extra.). Guests can enjoy activities located within walking distance or a short shuttle ride from the Balloon Fiesta Park. LTAF will feature New Mexican artists, authors, non-profit organizations and fine businesses. Visitors of all ages will be able to enjoy food, music, arts and crafts, exhibits, contests and many more activities as they explore the LTAF.
Celebrating New Mexico’s Centennial
The Balloon Museum will be kicking off New Mexico’s centennial celebration (1912-2012) with a different theme each day of Balloon Fiesta. Themes will center on celebrating 40 years of Balloon Fiesta, 100 years of statehood as well as the unique culture, diversity and wildlife of New Mexico. Featuring live music, family fun and children’s activities, the Balloon Museum will have a bevy of activities to entertain all age groups.
-See our newest exhibit Celebrating Sid! a special new exhibition honoring the life of Sid Cutter, the "Father of Balloon Fiesta".